Fishing the Midwest was recently informed that Bob Jensen, founder of Fishing the Midwest, has been selected for 2017 induction to the Fresh Water Fishing Hall of Fame.
Jensen will join over 300 individuals and organizations that have been inducted and enshrined to the Hall of Fame since 1980.
A native of Sheffield, Iowa, Bob Jensen began fishing as a young boy and started his career in the fishing industry as a Camp Fish instructor in northern Minnesota. Jensen was also a guide and tournament angler in his early years.
From those roots, Jensen went on to a career as a television and radio show host, noted outdoor writer, and popular fishing seminar presenter. Some of highlights of his career include:
*co-author of four top-selling books on walleye fishing
*author of fishing columns and “how to” fishing stories have been published over 150,000 times in general circulation newspapers, outdoor magazines/newspapers.
* produced and hosted over 300 full-length fishing television shows. These shows appear(ed) on network affiliates and cable carriers throughout the Midwest. In many markets, Fishing the Midwest continues to be the highest rated outdoor show in that market.
* Fishing the Midwest has been the recipient of approximately 30 awards for Excellence in Outdoor Programming presented by various outdoor organizations.
* written and hosted The Outdoor Minute radio show, which airs 50 times a week in Jensen’s home state of Iowa and has been on the air, in various forms, for 12 years.
* presented nearly 1,000 fishing seminars at sport shows and other outdoor events during his career.
* co-founder of the largest and longest running walleye tournament in Iowa.
“I’m truly honored to be inducted into the Fishing Hall of Fame,” Jensen said when asked about his upcoming induction. “I’m so fortunate to have been able to fish and explore so many waters across the Midwest. The biggest reward to my career in the fishing/marine industry though, is the opportunity I’ve had to work with so many really good people. It’s the people that have made the past 30 plus years so enjoyable,” Jensen added.
In 2014, Jensen was joined by longtime Minnesota fishing guide and fishing educator Mike Frisch in co-hosting Fishing the Midwest television. Fishing the Midwest continues to be one of the leaders in fishing education. To learn more about Fishing the Midwest visit www.fishingthemidwest.com.
Located in Hayward, Wisconsin the Fresh Water Fishing Hall of Fame is the international headquarters for education, recognition, and promotion of fresh water sportfishing, with the following mission:
“To develop and maintain the Fresh Water Fishing Hall of Fame and its museum for the preservation and display of historical artifacts of fresh water sportfishing. We strive to conduct and maintain a program for the recognition of persons, organizations and institutions who have made significant and lasting contributions to the sport and heritage of fresh water fishing. We conduct and maintain a program for qualifying, compiling and publishing all fresh water sportfishing records. The Fresh Water Fishing Hall of Fame maintains a library that disseminates information and acts as the clearing house for historical and contemporary publications for the fresh water sportfishing industry. The Fresh Water Fishing Hall of Fame institutes programs to foster, maintain and improve our environment for future generations through promotion and education.”
More about The Fresh Water Fishing Hall of Fame, including a list of hall inductees, can be learned by visiting www.freshwater-fishing.org.