Catch More Panfish This Winter (Ice Fishing Tips): Brad Hawthorne shares some A+ tips and tactics that will help you put more panfish on the ice this upcoming ice fishing season.
The Tungsten Flat Fry Jig is designed as a small panfish Jig that hangs at a 90-degree angle to imitate small fish, a favorite forage of Perch, Bluegill and Crappies. This is especially important in pressured panfish waters offering something that looks familiar and natural. See all colors here.
- Features a 90 degree hook bend
- Jig sits horizontally mimicking real live fry and small forage
- Flat Top & Tungsten material reflect sonar signal more effectively for ultimate sonar sight fishing
- Long hook Shank perfect for soft plastics
- Made of Tungsten which is 30% more dense the lead. It falls faster, is more sensitive and is environmentally friendly
The Forage Minnow® Spoon’s erratic, crippled-minnow action catches everything from walleyes to perch, bass, trout and panfish. Jig it aggressively for maximum flash and flutter, or slow things down and twitch the treble when gamefish move in to investigate. Tip with a minnow head, waxworms or your favorite soft plastic. See all available colors here.
- The most lifelike miniature-sized jigging spoon
- Unique minnow design flashes & flutters to mimic gamefish’s most desired forage . . . a crippled minnow
- Available in Lifelike holographic baitfish image design
- Available in Super-Glo Finishes for a significantly brighter, longer glow
- Holographic 3D eyes make this the most realistic looking minnow jig on the market today.
- Featuring new & improved, highly-visible, UV enhanced optical-brightened finishes
- Bright UV is excellent for deep water or low light
Northland Fishing Tackle® — EST. 1975
In 1975, a young Northwoods fishing guide named John Peterson started pouring jigs and tying tackle for his guiding clients in a small remote cabin in northern Minnesota. The lures were innovative, made with high-quality components, and most importantly were catching fish when no other baits were working! The word spread like wildfire, the phone started ringing for Team Northland®… and the Northland Fishing Tackle® brand was in hot demand!
For over 45 years Team Northland® Tackle has been designing, testing, and perfecting an exclusive line of products that catches fish like no other brand on the market today. Manufactured in the heart of Minnesota’s finest fishing waters, Northland® is one of the country’s leading producers of premium quality jigs, live bait rigs, crankbaits, spinnerbaits, and spoons for Panfish, Perch, Walleye, Bass, Trout, Northern Pike, and Muskie.
Northland Fishing Tackle® products are designed by fishermen for the quality-conscious anglers of the new millennium. The entire management team are fishermen who surround themselves with experienced Northwoods fishing guides, veteran charter captains, professional tournament anglers, and the famous Team Northland Pro-Staff! These fishing experts provide us with valuable product feedback and innovative fishing ideas that keep us on the “cutting edge” of the fishing tackle industry.
The Northland Fishing Tackle® Team has some of the best promotional fishermen in the industry such as Brian “Bro” Brosdahl, Jeff “Gussy” Gustafson, Jason Mitchell, Brad Hawthorne, Joel Nelson, and Nick Lindner to showcase our innovative shapes, colors, and designs. Our Pro Staff and professionals spend hundreds of days each year on the water and are the backbone of our organization. Our social media channels reach millions of people across Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. Our content-rich Northland Fishing Tackle website serves as a home base for new product information and an excellent resource for fishing tips, tricks, and hacks.
Find more videos like “Catch More Panfish This Winter” here for more ice fishing content!